If you want to know how to transform your ability to make interesting photos in whatever situation a wedding throws at you you need to learn to understand light and how to make your own.
This is an intensive practical workshop that will help you see, find, make and use light to create powerful work. Over the course of the day we will give you quick wins and lots of practical lessons to teach you how to master flash, video and natural light at any wedding strong
We will teach you how to create beautiful light in any situation, help you understand artificial and natural light, so you can elevate your wedding photography to the next level.
Off camera flash – single and multi light set ups – from simple one light portraits, to complex dancefloor and documentary lighting with multiple strobes, we’ll break down our processes and show you that you can light anything and anywhere. We will talk you through how to set-up the lighting, your camera settings, modifying the light and leave you with the tools you need to master light.
Using continuous lighting for stunning quick win portraits and incredible detail shots.
Learning to see, find and then use available light – advanced techniques to transform how you see the word and open your eyes to possibilities you didn’t know were all around you.
Using various gels and modifiers. We’ll break down all the equipment we use and show you what you need and don’t need.
— 10am to 6pm
— Central York Location
— Lunch included
— Continues in the pub at the end of the day
• The NineDots mindset – create your own awesome!
• Shooting in limited space with limited time – make awesome images anywhere!
• Posing (there will be a live shoot with a real couple)
• Storytelling & moments – equipment and approach. make more than snapshots
• Working with available light
• Utilising a creative approach to the whole wedding day• Introduction to off camera lighting
• Workflow basics – culling and editing
• Advanced shooting techniques – Composite group shots
• Portfolio/website/brand reviews
• Business/SEO quick wins
• Access to the NineDots backstage community for ongoing support
There will be lots of practical sessions to help reinforce the knowledge we will be sharing (nothing will be held back and we want the workshop to be as interactive is possible) and we will give individual tailored advice through portfolio/website reviews to help you focus on your own business and photography.
As with any NineDots workshop, each day will finish in the pub and no question is off limits!