The NineDots member awards are a monthly way of us recognising the amazing work done by NineDots members. We want to celebrate the work done by this unique community and get your work out to a wider audience. NineDots member awards also offers you the unique chance to receive a feedback critique of your entry and we have some amazing prizes too! Check out the prizes and rules, then enter your images below before the end of the month.
We have some amazing prizes for the winners of the monthly awards. The photographers who achieve the most winning images will be able to pick from:
– A free one-year subscription to Studio Ninja
– A £100 wooden banana voucher
– A $50 image salon voucher
– A free copy of SmartAlbums or a free year of SmartSlides
– A £50 Grizzly Bear Design voucher
– Judging is anonymous – you must rename your image files to anonymise them
– You can enter 10 images per month following the rules below
– You will be able to request a feedback video critique of your entry
– The top winners each month will receive amazing prizes from top industry brands
Each participant must be a current NineDots member to enter the awards. NineDots employees are not allowed to enter.
The awards run each calendar month, with the deadline for entry being the last day of the month. No late entries will be allowed.
– Previous NineDot Award winning images may not be re-entered
– Images can be from wedding days only – no day after shoots, styled shoots or engagement shoots
– Images taken at a workshop, seminar, conference, mentoring/coaching session may not be entered
– No strokes, borders or watermarks
– Inappropriate/NSFW images will be disqualified
– Composites and multiple exposures are allowed
– Images must have been taken within 12 months of entry
PREPARING YOUR IMAGES FOR ENTRY
– Dimensions: 2000px on the long side
– Format: Jpeg files only
– File size: Please run through jpeg mini or similar
– File naming: Please give your images a random name that doesn’t include your real name or studio name
– Compress your entries into a single zip file and upload via the form below
The entries will be judged by at least three of the NineDots founders Andy Gaines, Rahul Khona, Adam Johnson and Mick Shah. At times we may also invite other renowned photographers to guest judge alongside us.
You can purchase an optional feedback critique of your entry for £25 and will receive a video with detailed constructive feedback on your entries from either Andy, Adam, Mick, Rahul or our occasional guest judges. Learning and development are at the heart of what NineDots stands for and we want to help you improve. Feedback critiques will be sent out following the announcement of the results of the awards.
If you believe any winning image violates the rules above please contact NineDots at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will investigate and if appropriate, publish a retraction of the award and the reasons. The judges’ decision is final.
IMAGE USAGE BY NINEDOTS
By entering the NineDots awards you consent to your name, business, location, website, and photographs to be published on the NineDots website and to be used in social media or other websites to promote NineDots. Entrants retain ownership and all other usage rights of their photographs. By entering, you declare that your images are original, created by you, do not infringe on any third party’s rights, and that you’ve obtained any necessary permissions from your clients to use your photos in this way.
Please use the form below to submit your images